Procedure to Reset Oil Life on Pontiac G5:
- Turn ignition switch to ON position with engine off
- Press the INFO and RESET buttons on the DIC at the same time to enter the personalization menu
- Press the INFO button to scroll through the menus until you see “Oil-Life Reset”
- Press and hold the RESET button until you see “Acknowledged” displayed
- Turn the key to the OFF position and back on to confirm reset successful
Thank you for using Car How To and the Oil Reset Pro app. We hope you find these reset procedures helpful. Have this procedure along with the rest of the domestic, Asian, and European manual maintenance reset procedures always at your fingertips with our mobile app Oil Reset Pro available on the Apple and Google Play stores. Follow links below to download from the store for FREE now!
This is incorrect for a 2007 Pontiac G5. You turn the key to ON position then PRESS the INFO and ENTER buttons at the same time not the “RESET” to enter the personalization menu and “OIL LIFE RESET” comes up then HOLD the ENTER button until you see “ACKNOWLEDGED” displayed.