Lincoln MK Series Oil Change Light Reset Procedure:
The procedures listed below to reset the oil light, or oil life percentage, work on any of the MK models. Lincoln MKC, MKS, MKT, MKX, and MKZ are all covered in the below steps under their respective model years. For the MKZ Hybrid, find the oil reset procedures here.The oil change reminder light needs to be reset at each oil change to help you stay on top of your vehicle’s required maintenance.
- Use the UP and DOWN arrow buttons to scroll to the Settings menu and press the RIGHT arrow to enter the submenu
- Scroll to the Vehicle menu and press the RIGHT arrow
- Scroll to the Oil Life Reset menu and press the OK button
- Press and release the SETUP button to display “Oil Life XXX% Hold Reset = New”
- Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release to reset oil life to 100%
- Press and release the SETUP button until “System Check” is displayed
- Press and release the SETUP button again to display “Oil Life = XXX% Hold Reset = New”
- Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release to reset the oil life to 100%
Thank you for using Car How To and the Oil Reset Pro app. We hope you find these reset procedures helpful. Have this procedure along with the rest of the domestic, Asian, and European manual maintenance reset procedures always at your fingertips with our mobile app Oil Reset Pro available on the Apple and Google Play stores. Follow links below to download from the store for FREE now!