Reset Oil Change Light on VW Phaeton After Oil Change:
The Volkswagen Phaeton was only manufactured for a couple of years and had an oil change light that needs to be reset after every service just like the rest of the VW fleet. Following the Volkswagen oil change interval requirement per the owners manual is a very important part of owning a Volkswagen and the wrench light helps keep you on top of that maintenance. The reset procedure is as follows:
- With the key out of the ignition, press and hold the 0.0/ WRENCH button (located on the right side of the instrument cluster)
- If the 0.0 and WRENCH buttons are separate buttons, use the WRENCH button only
- While holding the 0.0/ WRENCH button, insert the key and turn the ignition to the ACC position (the display will show “Service now!” or the “wrench” symbol will appear)
- Release the “0.0/ WRENCH” button and then press the M or MIN (minute) button on the other side of the instrument cluster
- Verify the reset was successful by pressing and holding the 0.0/ WRENCH button again and the display will indicate the future service due in “distance” and “time”
Thank you for using Car How To and the Oil Reset Pro app. We hope you find these reset procedures helpful. Have this procedure along with the rest of the domestic, Asian, and European manual maintenance reset procedures always at your fingertips with our mobile app Oil Reset Pro available on the Apple and Google Play stores. Follow links below to download from the store for FREE now!