How To Reset Ford Fusion Oil Life Without a Scan Tool!
These are the procedures to reset the oil life after your Ford Fusion oil change.
NOTE: If the below procedure does not work for the 2013-2015 model years, check with your Local Ford Dealer. There may be a computer update available to correct this issue. It should be performed for you for free under manufacturers warranty.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position without starting the engine
*For vehicles with push-button start, press and hold the START button for 2 seconds without pressing the brake pedal to put in ON mode
- Simultaneously press the accelerator and brake pedals and hold them in the fully pressed position
- After 3 seconds, the message center displays “Service: Oil Reset In Prog”
- Continue to hold both the accelerator and brake pedals for 25 seconds or until the display shows “Service: Oil Reset Complete”
- Release both pedals and place ignition in the OFF position/mode
- Use the UP and DOWN arrow buttons to scroll to the Settings menu and press the RIGHT arrow to enter the submenu
- Scroll to the Vehicle menu and press the RIGHT arrow
- Scroll to the Oil Life Reset menu and press the OK button
- Press and release the SETUP button to display “Oil Life XXX% Hold Reset = New”
- Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release to reset oil life to 100%
Thank you for using Car How To and the Oil Reset Pro app. We hope you find these reset procedures helpful. Have this procedure along with the rest of the domestic, Asian, and European manual maintenance reset procedures always at your fingertips with our mobile app Oil Reset Pro available on the Apple and Google Play stores. Follow links below to download from the store for FREE now!