These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on carhowto.com. They have been compiled and are revised regularly by the Car How To Team and should be adhered to by everyone.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning before further actions are taken.
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning and/or being banned from the CHT forum.
- Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If there are any issue are concerns please contact a moderator.
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a being banned from the CHT forum.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, and Car How To (Up Top Apps, LLC)
- Members are asked only to post in English, as this is an English speaking community.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline IMG & /IMG image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; "Help me!", "WHAT!?!", "What do I do?”, etc. Examples of good subjects include; "Car won’t start but cranks over", "AC Blows hot", etc.
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering ANY services, solicitation etc. Recruiting members for your own projects (moderators, designers, professional MOD work, etc.) is not permitted and is also considered spam. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.
- Car How To operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences before being banned. CHT can ban any user for any reason.
- Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary or permanent ban will be put in place.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant team leader, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the Moderator team leader. If they feel you were treated badly they will remove a warning.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other moderator action will lead to a permanent ban of your account(s). Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While Car How To may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.